Confession Monday...Tuesday...Wednesday

I confess I started these Monday because I realize in summer, I completely lose track of what day it is in the summer.

*
I confess that after I wrote them, I forgot about them.

*

I confess I added more confessions on Tuesday and then forgot to post them again.

*

I also confess I abandon poetry in the summer. Not on purpose, but it just happens. Life, outside living, family, friends, vacation, camping, bike riding, gardening, beach days, just take over. I read a lot during the summer, but never poetry. Mostly non-fiction.

*

Speaking of non-fiction, I just finished Madness: A Bi-Polar Life. Some of the middle section seemed vague and redundant, but I also realize that the author had many fuzzy periods due to her manic episodes. Still, I think it could have been edited a bit more. The last sections improved though. Ultimately, I'm not sure I finished the book with a satisfying feeling as it felt as if something was not being said. There was definitely a feeling of information being withheld in there for me. But I did finish the book, which says a lot as I have no problem abandoning a book midway through if I feel it's not going anywhere.

*

If you saw me today (Monday) you may think I've been in a fight as I'm completely bruised up. Some is from camping. Some is from mountain biking. But the most recent (and most visible) are from the 4th of July bbq I attended where I competed in the 3-legged race. I'm highly competitive and my husband and I made it into the finals. When we go towards the finish line, the other couple was catching up, so I dove.

Diving for the finish line is not a good idea when you are tethered and tied to another person. I landed on my shoulder (grass burns galore) and took my husband down with me (not good considering he just had knee surgery this year). I was actually highly amused and bruised, but not hurt seriously. I somehow strained my neck though and bruised the left side of my body. And hit my head. But we won. A reggae CD too.

*

I think I am better at sports than I actually am.

*

We're working on the next issue of Crab Creek Review and it has an incredible interview with Madeline DeFrees in it. We were up until 11 Monday night working on it.

*

I got my new issue of FIELD and it's incredible. It's one of my very favorite poetry journals.

*

I confess I drink a lot of lemon or lime seltzer water.

*

I confess I get very annoyed when we accidentally buy tonic water instead and I yell "The quinine, the quinine!"
Yuck.

*

I confess I've been busy, but think of you often.

*

Comments

  1. I have started confessions as early as Sunday.

    It's hard for me to focus during the summer, too. I'm most productive when it's dark and cold outside. But New England is feeling a lot like Seattle these days; hence, I should be more productive.

    I drink lots of cranberry sparking water year-round.

    Hope you feel better soon with all of your bumps and bruises! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.